QA TPM Manager, Portal
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories and that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world.
Building 8 seeks a Manager for the Technical Program Management team within the Building 8 Quality Assurance organization, who will be responsible for leading the team to scope and deliver large projects end-to-end. This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park office. The right candidate will possess a strong Program Management background, and will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and building and growing teams in QA. You will have a well-rounded technical background in the QA of consumer electronic devices. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to manage the team, develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
- Responsible for people management of a team, providing performance reviews, continual feedback, coaching and career growth for direct reports
- Hire and mentor a team of TPMs in Quality Assurance areas
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and milestones of your team
- Manage cross-functional programs covering a range of areas
- Collect business and systems requirements from internal and external customers
- Create specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch
- Lead and coordinate Quality Assurance efforts between internal teams and outside merchants and vendors to develop optimal solutions
- Make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions
- 8+ years of experience with building and managing a team of Technical Program Managers
- 5+ years of work experience in technical program management
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge in the practical application of program management principles and tools
- Experience taking projects and breaking them down into pieces, develop specifications, then deliver them in a manner
- Experience managing efforts in quality assurance and system level testing
- Experience in delivery and commercialization in consumer electronics
- Communication and interpersonal experience, including relationship building and collaboration within cross-functional team
- Organizational and coordination experience
- Collaboration skills, driven by working closely with Engineering, Product Management, Program Management, and Supply Chain teams
- Experience working with ODM as well as JDM development models
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Lauren W.Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top