QA Engineering Lead
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
We're looking for QA Engineering Leads to work on our core and business products (ex. Instagram, Messaging, Growth, Engagement, Ads) to help shape the future of what we build at Facebook. You will enjoy solving Quality challenges on products built in cutting edge technology serving 2.7 billion people worldwide. The ideal candidate will have a background in a technical field, will have strong Test Engineering or QA experience, and has worked with large Engineering organizations. You are methodical, a self-starter, and passionate about quality which is key to the growth and success of a product.
- Work on building a Quality driven engineering culture that helps ship products rapidly and with good confidence.
- Drive the quality for a product/feature, assess risks to and ensure shipping features with a high quality bar.
- Plan, develop, and execute test strategy across core Facebook products and platforms.
- Lead Quality assurance efforts that aligns with product objectives and develop scalable solutions.
- Help tackle cross-platform engineering challenges and contribute creative ideas to the improve quality.
- Implement and evolve QA processes to get effective test signal and scale testing efforts across multiple products.
- Define Quality Metrics and implement measurements to determine test effectiveness, testing efficiency, and measure the overall quality of the Product.
- Partner with engineering and infrastructure teams to leverage automation for scalable solutions to prevent regressions and ensure reliability of product.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 3+ years of quality assurance and test engineering experience.
- Experience in Python, PHP, Java, C/C++ or equivalent coding language.
- Experience in testing and debugging web or mobile applications.
- Organizational, coordination, and multi-tasking experience.
- Hands-on experience with test planning, test designing and execution, performance and stress testing, implementing and maintaining quality test automation of both client and server systems.
- Communication, analytical and problem-solving experience.
- Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools & automation frameworks.
- Experience in managing black box and white box testing.
- Experience working with medium to large engineering teams.
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve product coverage and effectiveness.
- Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization.
Back to top