(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
We're looking for a QA Engineer with a passion for social media to help drive high quality releases. You will be part of a small, high performance team and will have the opportunity to excel and grow your career delivering great quality product at a fast pace. You will collaborate with Development and Product Managers to drive testability and ensure quality of the releases.
- Execute manual and write automated tests, and identify actionable bugs quickly.
- Manage QA coverage of multiple web and mobile based projects.
- Planning/organizing necessary test passes, staying on top of all important issues, help triaging bugs and driving issues to resolutions and keeping everyone aware of QA status.
- Work with different teams (Engineering/PM/Operation) to collect necessary information to assure the QA coverage, and also provide feedback on quality issues.
- Work with onsite and offshore team to set their priorities and remove their roadblocks to make sure sufficient coverage is done for the release.
- Assess the status of the release, and help make sure that the release goes out on time with high quality level.
- Create and support test dashboards/reports.
- BS degree in Engineering
- At least 2 years Quality Assurance experience in testing web or mobile applications
- Ability to construct test cases and get them prioritized based on changes.
- Knowledge of test and tool development methodology.
- Experience in coding language.
- Communication skills, including development of presentations.
- BS degree in Computer Science
- Experience in Java and/or PHP
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top