Public Policy Programs Director
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
One of the most important of those communities isn't digital, it's the physical community we call home in the San Francisco Bay Area. Facebook seeks an experienced professional to oversee our efforts to form partnerships and help solve the region's greatest challenges. We're serious about making progress on issues like housing, traffic, and economic opportunity, and we're building relationships with industry, philanthropy, and government to move the needle for our company and for the community. This role will manage cross-functional efforts to drive that work forward, and ensure that we're on track to continue growing our campus while making the area a great place to call home. Candidates should demonstrate experience with public policy, philanthropy, community engagement, and partnerships.
This role is located in Menlo Park, California.
- Work with leadership on the public policy, communications, legal, human resources, and real estate teams to advance the company's growth and address regional challenges around Menlo Park, California.
- Build coalitions, develop relationships, and form partnerships with companies, industry groups, non-profits, and government officials.
- Help to ensure the entitlement of Facebook's campus in close collaboration with teams across the company and outside counsel and advisors.
- Manage complex projects and processes to achieve outcomes and ensure coordination across internal and external stakeholder groups.
- Monitor the political environment and identify opportunities to advance state and local policies that benefit the company and the community.
- Represent Facebook to partners, the community, and the media, and communicate Facebook positions in writing and presentations.
- 15+ years of work experience in field of public policy programs or political communications
- 10+ years working with political systems and institutions as well as policy, politics and communications
- Experience with analytical approach to policy issues
- Ability to drive and manage multiple projects and campaigns simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Experience in technology and related policy issues
- Willingness to travel
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top