Public Policy Manager (WhatsApp)
(Menlo Park, CA)
WhatsApp is the world's fastest growing communication company with over 1 billion active users globally. We help bring friends, families, and communities from soccer groups to healthcare providers together. We are just getting started. WhatsApp has been ranked as one of the Top 25 Most Downloaded Apps in over 100 countries in the Apple App Store and has received over 1 billion installs from Google Play.
WhatsApp Inc., a subsidiary of Facebook, seeks a Public Policy Manager to help develop and support WhatsApp's policy strategy and engagement throughout the world. This is a great opportunity for someone wanting to make an impact as part of a small, nimble team. Candidates should have strong knowledge of Internet and telecommunications policy issues, including encryption, security, privacy, product policy and safety. The successful candidate will all have experience drafting policies and performing analytics. The person will work closely with the Public Policy team and other relevant groups at Facebook.
This role will be based in Menlo Park, California.
- Develop, support, and execute WhatsApp's global policy strategy in support of business objectives
- Identify, monitor, and analyze policy issues affecting WhatsApp at the international, federal, and state levels
- Represent WhatsApp in meetings with government officials and elected members
- Work cross-functionally with Product, International Communications, Corporate and Partnership teams to build and drive policies that support the company's goals
- Build coalitions with other organizations to advance WhatsApp's policy goals
- Help to create innovative programs for outreach to policy makers
- Articulate WhatsApp positions in briefing papers, consultation responses, internal and external meetings
- Bachelor degree in policy, international affairs, or other relevant field
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in public policy, government, or legal
- Experience working on policy issues at a global level
- Experience with advising teams, specifically C-suite executives, on policy issues related to business objective
- Masters or JD degree
- Experience in tech policy
- Government relations or experience in government working on policy issues
- Experience building relationships with external stakeholders
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top