Public Policy Manager, Strategic Response
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for an analytical thinker with experience in product, business, or corporate policy to join our Product and Content Policy Team. The team's mission is to create and communicate rules for how our products may be used by our advertisers, developers, and all other people on Facebook.
As a Public Policy Manager, you will work with a highly talented and experienced team of subject matter experts on content policies for Facebook and Instagram. You will be responsible for understanding both Facebook and Instagram's business priorities, helping the team craft and implement policies that best serve the company and the people who use our services.
Successful candidates will be excellent writers and organizers in order to manage the company's strategic response to critical incidents where safety is at stake. Candidates must be able to make difficult decisions under pressure, use critical thinking skills and demonstrate strong leadership and interpersonal skills to organize and motivate teams across the company. This person will provide insights that contribute to the shaping of content policies in international markets, including relations with governments and other policy stakeholders, and local regulation of Internet/social media companies. You should be passionate about the services we provide and the people that we serve.
This is a full-time position located at our Singapore office.
- Act as a global escalation point of contact and manage internal communications for policy issues in these markets.
- Help articulate policy philosophy, launches, and changes to relevant parties, including management, operations, and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Work cross-functionally with Communications, Public Policy, Legal, Operations, and Security teams to mitigate risks across the platforms.
- Help craft and implement policies for our family of products.
- Address sensitive content issues, including but not limited to graphic images, videos and writings, offensive or derogatory language, and other objectionable material.
- Bachelor's degree in public policy, legal, political science or related field required
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in legislation, litigation, or policy development, with an emphasis on technology
- 2+ years of work experience or knowledge in international Internet/social media Content Policy issues
- Experience with analytics and problem-solving
- Experience with consensus-building and persuasive speaking
- Experience in project management and operations
- JD (MBA or MPP also considered)
- Experience in Strategic Responses or Crisis Management
Back to top