Public Policy Manager, State and Local Policy
(New York, NY)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks an experienced public affairs professional to oversee community engagement for the company's New York and Boston Office. The person will also be responsible for managing state and local policy for several Northeast states. Candidates should demonstrate experience in state public policy, community engagement, or issue advocacy and have a strong understanding of technology policy. Candidates should also show a deep knowledge and passion for Facebook. This role will be based in New York City reporting to Facebook's Washington DC office. Frequent travel is required.
- Work with leadership in Facebook's New York and Boston offices to develop and implement a community engagement strategy.
- Work closely with industry groups, non-profits and legislative organizations to promote policies that foster a safe, secure and open Internet.
- Work directly with Governors and Legislatures to promote the safe and efficient use of social networking.
- Advocate for sound Internet legislation at the state level.
- Represent Facebook and Industry conferences and before lawmakers and policy leaders.
- Bachelors degree
- 10+ years of experience in public policy, community relations, advocacy, or government affairs
- Public speaking skills
- Cross-functional work experience
- Advanced degree
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top