Public Policy Manager, Spain and Portugal
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
As Facebook has become part of the daily lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world, policy makers in many countries naturally wish to talk to us, and we wish to talk to them. The Policy team manages these conversations - sharing information about the company's products and activities, responding to queries from politicians and regulators, and providing input into the development of regulation of the Internet sector.
We are looking for a superb policy expert who can combine a passion for internet services like Facebook with a deep knowledge of the political and regulatory dynamics and stakeholders in Spain and Portugal. Successful applicants will become part of a team that is dealing with some of the most interesting public policy challenges of our times including privacy, safety and security, freedom of expression, the impact of the internet on economic growth, and new opportunities for democratic engagement. This role will be based in Madrid. Applications must be in English.
- Support the development and execution of strategies to achieve company goals in public policy
- Monitor legislation and regulatory matters affecting Facebook in Spain and Portugal and advise the company with respect to policy challenges
- Represent Facebook in meetings with government officials and elected members
- Develop public policy positions with other team members at Facebook
- Help build coalitions with other organizations to advance policy goals of Facebook
- Create innovative programmes for outreach to policy makers on the opportunities offered by Facebook
- Communicate Facebook's positions in public presentations
- Advise Facebook teams on public policy matters to guide development of products, services and policies
- A degree or advanced degree in a related fieldSignificant experience working on relevant policy issues – candidates with both government/politics and industry experience strongly preferredFull fluency in Spanish and Portuguese and superb written and spoken English required
- Familiarity with working with politicians and government officials including those at the most senior levels
- A passionate belief in the social benefits of the Internet and Facebook in particular
- An ability to work with cross-functional teams from a wide range of disciplines
- Excellent communication skills for both small meetings and large events
- A flexible mindset that thrives in a fast-moving environment with a strong do-it-yourself culture
- A track record of writing and delivering position papers, articles, speeches, and presentations on relevant topics
- An ability to translate between the specialist languages of technology and politics
- Detailed knowledge of regulatory and legislative processes at national level a further advantage
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top