Public Policy Manager, Projects (Instagram)
Instagram is a global community of more than 1 billion, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to connect people to the people and interests they love. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Instagram is looking for an energetic, creative, team-oriented addition to its public policy team. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of Instagram and a strong willingness to understand Instagramâ€™s global approach to policy and the Instagram community. This person should also be interested in how Instagramâ€™s policy objectives fit within the larger Facebook organization.
The project manager will serve as a key player on a variety of different issues â€" doing anything it takes to make policy projects and processes run smoothly. This could mean drafting briefs or designing collateral, attending privacy meetings to provide feedback on product launches, or meeting to brainstorm creative ways to reach teens about online safety. In addition, this person may assist with policy programs, which help demonstrate the value of our platform to consumers, policy makers and key influencers globally across a range of issues, privacy and safety to small business and other social issues. This person will be extremely comfortable in a client-oriented environment, working both with internal teams (Instagram or Facebook) and external organizations.
We are looking for candidates with impeccable communication skills and who, above all else, love working in the team environment. The ideal candidate has exceptional organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple fast-moving, and high-priority projects simultaneously. He/she should also be a self-starter who is used to creating impact on a small team and is willing to roll up his/her sleeves to do anything to get the job done.
This position is full-time and will be located in Facebookâ€™s Menlo Park headquarters in California.
- Work with cross-functional teams in the US and abroad to ensure that their projects help reduce policy risk globally
- Protect and enhance the reputation of Instagram, Facebook and their products
- Manage the creation of communications, educational, and marketing materials to support the programs
- Work closely with key partners in the safety and privacy space to help address relevant issues on Instagram
- Organize the launch of programs and campaigns designed to enhance awareness around policy issues
- Act as a policy â€ambassadorâ€ within the larger Facebook organization â€" helping people understand Instagram and how it operates, and assisting Facebook wherever necessary
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience within the technology industry
- Policy and/or international relations experience
- Experience managing projects and campaigns
- Post-graduate or professional degrees in public policy, communications, marketing or related field
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Ability to think, plan, and execute resourcefully and creatively
- Public affairs experience
- Knowledge of the Instagram community
Back to top