Public Policy Manager, Politics & Government Outreach
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced leader to manage and execute relationships with candidates, political parties, elected officials, governments, election commissions and civic partners on how to adopt best practices of the platform with a focus on its integrity efforts. This role will serve as one of Facebook's external outreach representative working with political public figures and their teams, focusing on connecting influencers to the global community in innovative ways.
This role will coordinate & execute programs with political parties, multiple stakeholders such as election commission, civil society and political representatives. From running training programs to ensuring the stakeholders are using Facebook in a responsible manner, this person will be the point person for majority of Facebook's external engagements. This role will also be a part of the team driving elections strategy and will be working with internal teams on driving election integrity efforts in the country.
This is a full-time position and will be based in our New Delhi office. The role will report to the Public Policy Manager of Politics and Government in the India Public Policy team.
- Manage implementation and optimization of trainings on how to use Facebook for governments and politicians
- Be an external representative/expert for Facebook in the politics and government space
- Work with internal cross-functional teams to build high-impact civic programs - during election and non-election times
- Work closely with the elections project managers during elections to develop the engagement strategy with candidates, political parties, election commissions and other partners
- Collaborate with partners to develop innovative and high-impact social integrations
- Assist in building and creating collateral on how to use Facebook for government, politics and civic engagement as well as best practices
- Track, analyze and communicate quantitative metrics and business trends as they relate to Facebook use amongst governments and politicians
- Work across a variety of teams from Product, Policy, Legal, Comms and Marketing.
- Bachelors degree
- Fluency in English & any one regional language
- 5+ years work experience, with focus on building and implementing digital initiatives and partnerships in the political space such as on campaigns, political committees, media organizations or political organizations
- Project management experience including cross-functional projects on deadline
- Presentation experience, and experience serving as a spokesperson
- Ability to think strategically about complex issues, leading to thoughtful recommendations and action plans
- Ability to work effectively and swiftly with all levels of management, both internally and externally
Back to top