Public Policy Manager, Politics & Government
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced leader to manage, execute and collaborate on the company's efforts to engage with stakeholders in the Indian political and government eco-system including national and state political parties, regulatory bodies such as the Election commission and different ministries at the central and state level.
This role will coordinate across multiple teams at Facebook to drive the election integrity efforts, ensure knowledge sharing of these efforts with the political parties and be the point person who can coordinate both internally and externally on issues related to the government requests and queries. One of the main responsibility of the role is developing the overall strategy for the country's election in coordination with other teams at the company. The public policy manager will also have to manage a small team to cover the areas of responsibility for the entire country.
This is a full-time position located in our New Delhi office and will report into the Public Policy Director.
- Development, management and execution of the strategy for both national and state elections in the country
- Work across teams to identify potential election integrity issues and develop solutions to solve those
- Work with product teams to identify and develop election integrity and civic engagement products appropriate to launch for an election
- Identify and cultivate partnerships with external partners such as election commissions, civil society groups and other influencers
- Track and engage on legislation in India that pertains to Facebook and elections
- Be a Facebook resource to national and state political parties to educate them on the company's integrity efforts
- Work across many different teams to drive projects and problems to completion and resolution quickly
- Work across a variety of teams from Product, Policy, Legal, Comms and Marketing.
- Bachelors degree
- Fluency in English and any other one regional language
- 8+ years work experience, with focus on working on policy issues including politics, government and elections in India
- Project management experience, with the ability to develop company positions and engage with external stakeholders on it
- Ability to think strategically about complex issues, leading to thoughtful recommendations and action plans
- Ability to engage with political and government representatives in official meetings and share company's position.
- Experience in dealing with government representatives and political parties in a professional role.
Back to top