Public Policy Manager - Norway
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
As Facebook has become part of the daily lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world, policy makers in many countries naturally wish to talk to us, and we wish to talk to them. The Policy team manages these conversations – sharing information about the company’s products and activities, responding to queries from politicians and regulators, and providing input into the development of regulation of the Internet sector.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Manager, Public Policy, to monitor legislative and regulatory matters, participate in policy discussions, and support the company’s interactions with policy makers in Norway. This position is full time and will be based in Oslo, Norway.
- Execute on the strategic plan to achieve goals of company in public policy
- Conduct outreach to data protection authorities and other regulators
- Monitor legislation and regulatory matters in Norway affecting Facebook and advise company with respect to policy challenges
- Represent Facebook in meetings with the Norwegian government and elected officials
- Develop public policy positions with other team members at Facebook
- Build coalitions with other organizations to advance policy goals of Facebook
- Communicate Facebook’s positions in public presentations and with media
- Advise Facebook teams on public policy matters to guide development of products, services and policies
- Contribute to the work of the Facebook Public Policy team in Europe including supporting outreach efforts with the EU institutions
- Proven successful track record in politics, government, regulator, or relevant business or non-governmental organization (a mix of public and private sector experience is an advantage)
- Expertise in EU data protection law an advantage
- Fluent in Norwegian and English essential, other languages an advantage
- Superb written and oral communications skills
- Degree or advanced degree level in related field
- Excellent academic credentials preferred
- Passionate about Facebook
- All applications must be submitted in English
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top