Public Policy Manager, Instagram Latin America
(São Paulo, Brazil)
Careers at Instagram
A Facebook Company
We have over 800 million active accounts on Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to strengthen relationships through shared experiences. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Instagram is looking for an energetic, creative, team-oriented addition to its public policy team. The ideal candidate will have both a passion for Instagram and a strong willingness to understand Instagram's approach to public policy, as well as how those initiatives fit within the larger Facebook organization.
The successful candidate will support key public policy programs delivered in partnership with our global teams, act as an escalation point of contact for internal and external stakeholders, and support Instagram's larger public policy team in delivering on a regional strategy. A key aspect will be finding creative ways to demonstrate the value of our platform to consumers, policy makers and key influencers.
The successful candidate will join a team dealing with some of the most interesting public policy challenges of our times including how young people engage with the online space, privacy, safety and freedom of expression.
We are looking for candidates with expertise in managing high-impact projects and dialogue with policymakers, as well as exceptional organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple fast-moving, and high-priority projects simultaneously. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is used to creating impact on a small team and is willing to roll up their sleeves to do anything to get the job done. They should be creative, resourceful, knowledgeable about technology policy issues, analytical, and an excellent writer.
This position is full-time and will be located in São Paulo, Brazil.
- Work with cross functional teams across the company to ensure Instagram policy outreach in Latin America advances external understanding around key policy issues
- Create consumer-facing campaigns that support Instagram's privacy, safety, small business, and other efforts
- Support outreach to policymakers, developers, SMBs, non-profit organizations, and other entities
- Represent Instagram in meetings with key stakeholders
- Identify, monitor, and analyze local policy issues and how it impacts Instagram
- Assist in organizing events including trainings and educational outreach about our platform
- Manage the creation of communications, educational, and marketing materials to support policy priorities
- Minimum bachelors degree, post-graduate or professional degrees a plus in public policy, communications, marketing or related field
- Proven +8 years of professional experience within the technology industry
- Public affairs experience is a plus
- Knowledge of the Instagram community
- Policy and/or international relations experience
- Experience managing projects and campaigns at the same time
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Ability to think, plan, and execute resourcefully and creatively
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top