Public Policy Manager, India & South Asia
- Gurgaon, India
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a Public Policy Manager, to join its Public Policy Team based out of Gurgaon. The team's mission is to lead Facebook's engagement with policy makers in India and South Asia. This person will lead on public policy and regulation issues related to online content with a sharp focus on intermediary liability, transparency reports, misinformation, expression. The position involves engaging with multiple stakeholders on these issues - government, civil society, technical community and academia. In this role, you will develop thinking on key content policy regulation issues that impact the future of the Internet at one of the world's leading Internet companies. The ideal candidate will be a recognized expert in issues related to the Information Technology Act and related issues such as intermediary liability, misinformation and expression and open internet. You should be passionate about the services we provide and the people that we serve. This is a full-time position located at our office in Gurgaon, India. Suitably qualified candidates located in other countries will also be considered
- Work closely with the internal and external stakeholders and develop policy positions on the issues affecting an open Internet and online content regulation.
- Identify, monitor, and analyze content policy escalations affecting Facebook in the region.
- Articulate our policy positions on online content in briefing papers, consultation responses and internal policy meetings.
- Engaging with local and global Facebook teams on public policy matters by keeping them well informed of the ground reality and also provide input/ feedback to the respective teams towards development of relevant products, services and policies.
- Represent Facebook in meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
- Plan and execute research activities with right institutions on relevant regulatory issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Law.
- Public policy experience of minimum 12 years, including work related to the Information Technology Act.
- Knowledge in technology and policy issues.
- Higher qualification (Post Graduation/ PhD).
- Experience in working at a global tech company or a well recognized law firm.
- Experience in working on content regulation issues in/with government.
- Track record of communicating on tech policy issues.
Back to top