Public Policy Manager, India and South & Central Asia
(New Delhi, India)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we're just getting started.Facebook seeks a highly motivated, high performing Policy Manager team player to join our growing global Public Policy team. The successful candidate will work on policy issues for building safe communities and countering violent extremism in India and South Asia. He/ She will also cover diverse a set of policy issues in the Central Asia region and also work on national and regional IGFs in the region. The ideal candidate should be well versed in substantive areas mentioned above and have a thorough understanding of the political, socio-economic and policy environment in the region. The candidates should be accomplished at building, negotiating and managing relationships with policy-makers, regulators, institutions with excellent verbal and written communication skills. The candidate should also have superior writing skills and prior experience in developing and drafting comments and other materials for regulators, policymakers and other relevant stakeholders. Additionally, should also have strong narrative building and external outreach and representation skills. The position is based in New Delhi and reports to the Public Policy Director for the region
- Monitor the India, South Asia political and policy environment for building safe communities online
- Work with the Governments of India, South and Central Asia, private sector partners and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) on policy issues identified above
- Represent Facebook in meetings with policy-makers, regulators, elected officials and other relevant stakeholders
- Engage and support material development for regional IGFs
- Build industry coalitions to help advance and support Facebook's policy agenda
- Advocate facebook's positions on the above issues publicly
- Enhance the policy community's understanding of the Facebook policies.
- 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in policy or legislative development and advocacy work
- Keen understanding of India, South and Central Asia's political system, environment and institutions
- Outstanding judgment and persuasive skills, creativity, and the ability to work in a dynamic, cross functional environment
- Experience in policy work for a multinational corporation, law firm or government preferred
- Interest in emerging technologies and policy work
- Superb written and oral communications skills
- Advanced degree in public policy, a related field or law degree preferred
- Fluency in technology and a passion for Facebook.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top