Public Policy Manager, India and South Asia
(New Delhi, India)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated, high performing Policy manager team player to join our growing global Public Policy team. The successful candidate will manage and execute Facebook’s strategy and engagement in India and South Asia on diverse set of policy issues such as Open internet, intermediary liability, safety, privacy, infrastructure, tax and cutting edge issues in new and emerging technologies. The ideal candidate should be well versed in substantive areas mentioned above and have a thorough understanding of the political, socio-economic and policy environment in the region. The candidates should be accomplished at building , negotiating and managing relationships with policy-makers, regulators, institutions with excellent verbal and written communication skills.The candidate should also have prior experience in developing and drafting comments and other materials for regulators, policymakers and other relevant stakeholders. The position will also be managing a small team the ideal candidate should also have good team management skills. This is a great opportunity to work on interesting public policy issues in an exciting and fast paced environment. The position is based in New Delhi and reports to the Public Policy Director for the region.
- Monitor the India and South Asia political and policy environment for issues that interest and impact Facebook and its family of apps
- Work with the Governments of India and South Asia, private sector partners and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) on policy issues identified above
- Represent Facebook in meetings with policy-makers, regulators, elected officials and other relevant stakeholders
- Build industry coalitions to help advance and support Facebook’s policy agenda
- Advocate facebook’s positions on various issues publicly
- Enhance the policy community’s understanding of the Facebook policies
- 8+ years of demonstrated experience in policy or legislative development and and advocacy work
- Keen understanding of India and South Asia’s political system, environment and institutions
- Outstanding judgment and persuasive skills, creativity, and the ability to work in a dynamic , cross functional environment
- Experience in policy work for a multinational corporation, law firm or government preferred
- Interest in emerging technologies and policy work
- Superb written and oral communications skills
- Advanced degree in public policy, a related field or law degree preferred
- Fluency in technology and a passion for Facebook
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top