Public Policy Manager, India and SA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a policy professional to work on data regulation, privacy, cyber security, emerging technologies, competition, and digital taxation in India and South Asia. The ideal candidate will have expertise in Indian and global technology policy, and will have an advanced understanding of data politics, privacy law, cyber security and encryption, internet competition law, digital identity, Artificial Intelligence technologies, Augmented and Virtual Reality technologies, and related policy issues. S/he should have past experience of working on technology policy issues generally. The successful candidate will work with Facebook's global and local public policy team as well as with cross-functional teams across the world. S/he should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-pressure, multicultural environment across multiple timezones.
This role is full-time position and will be located at our New Delhi office.
- Identify, monitor, and analyze policy issues
- Advise Facebook business, product, and regional policy teams on policy matters as inputs to the development of our products and policy positions
- Execute our policy strategy, working with cross-functional stakeholders
- Represent Facebook in meetings with key external stakeholders
- Communicate Facebookâ€™s positions in public presentations on related topics
- Bachelor degree in Public Policy, Law, Economics, Computer Science, or related field
- 5+ years of public policy experience
- Excellent communication skills - both written and spoken
- Analytical, problem-solving, and cross-functional management experience Project management experience
- International policy experience
- Advanced degree in Public Policy, Law, Economics, Computer Science, or related field
- Experience in technology-related policy issues
Back to top