Public Policy Manager, Gulf Cooperation Countries (GCC)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Policy Manager to be responsible for the Gulf region. The Policy Manager for GCC will combine a passion for technologyâ€™s potential to create opportunity and to make the region more open and connected, with deep knowledge of the political and regulatory dynamics across the region. You should have a clear understanding of the policy challenges Facebook faces and ambitious and creative ideas about how to address them. You must have the ability to rally colleagues from across the company to scale, be highly organized and impact oriented and thrive in a fast-paced work environment. This position reports to the Head of the Public Policy for the Middle East and North Africa and is full time and based at our Dubai office.
- Develop and execute a strategic approach to achieve company goals in public policy as they relate to the GCC
- Monitor legislation and regulatory matters affecting Facebook and advise company with respect to policy challenges
- Represent Facebook in meetings with government officials and elected members
- Develop public policy positions with other team members at Facebook
- Build coalitions with other industry stakeholders and organizations to advance policy goals of Facebook
- Create innovative plans for outreach to policy makers on the opportunities offered by Facebook
- Advise Facebook teams on public policy matters to guide development of products, services and policies
- Support the MENA Public Policy team on any other priority policy issues and programs
- This position requires 50% travel across GCC, with a focus on KSA.
- Solid knowledge of GCC regulatory and legislative processes, national level experience a further advantage
- A degree or advanced degree in a related field
- 8+ Years of experience working on relevant policy issues â€" candidates with both government/politics and industry experience strongly preferred
- Fluent English and Arabic are a must
- Solid experience with working with politicians and government officials including those at the most senior levels
- A passionate belief in the social benefits of the Internet and Facebook in particular
- An ability to build and manage cross-functional teams from a wide range of disciplines
- Excellent communication skills for both small meetings and large events
- A flexible mindset that thrives in a fast-moving environment with a strong do-it-yourself culture
- An ability to translate between the specialist languages of technology and politics
Back to top