Public Policy Manager, External Affairs
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a professional to lead our engagement with external groups in the United States. You will be joining a team that builds and maintains relationships with the public policy community (including think tanks, advocacy organizations, activists, trade associations, thought leaders, and interest groups). You also will work with cross-functional teams across Facebook to devise and execute an outreach strategy that advances Facebookâ€™s mission to create a more open and connected world.
Facebook is looking for a highly motivated, creative thinker with deep experience on Capitol Hill, in government relations, or in a public policy position. You will be responsible for representing the company to external policy stakeholders, helping to develop and implement outreach strategies in support of Facebookâ€™s policy priorities, and building and maintaining relationships within the broad U.S. policy and third party community.
Successful candidates must be able to identify broad trends in the public policy conversation, competently engage with outside groups on a broad range of policy issues, and identify and cultivate potential allies. A deep understanding of the landscape of the policy community is critical.
This role is based in Washington, DC.
- Develop and execute on a strategic plan for outreach to and maintain relationships with relevant policy stakeholder groups, including think tanks, advocacy organizations, trade associations, thought leaders, and interest groups.
- Advance Facebookâ€™s public policy priorities within the broad U.S. public policy community and provide feedback to third-party groups on their policy efforts.
- Work with the U.S. federal and state policy teams to identify potential allies and opportunities to form or join coalitions that can help advance Facebookâ€™s policy objectives.
- Represent Facebook to external policy stakeholders at events, conferences, coalition meetings, and in various working groups. Serve as Facebookâ€™s brand ambassador to the policy community on policy, product, and general company information.
- Help set up and prepare Facebook executives for meetings, speeches, and public appearances involving third party policy groups.
- Communicate information about Facebookâ€™s products and services to various constituencies. Work closely with Facebook product specialists to help ensure that outside groups are using Facebook successfully.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in Public Policy, Law, Political Science or related field
- 6+ years of experience in, or with Congress, policy advocacy organizations or government relations
- Experience with the federal legislative process or state policy
- Experience with the public policy community, including think tanks, academics, policy advocates/activists, trade associations and other NGOs
Back to top