Public Policy Manager, Content Distribution and Algorithm Regulation (APAC)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for an analytical thinker with experience in policy to join our Product Policy team. The teamâ€™s mission is to create and communicate rules for how our products may be used by people on Facebook and its family of applications.
This position involves working on the ways that Facebook is regulated, in relation to our development and enforcement of our Community Standards (content standards) and our use of algorithms to shape our users' experience (e.g. through the News Feed and Search).
The position will involve constructive engagement with policymakers around the development of internet regulations. Candidates must be able to develop innovative and creative approaches to respond to the complex range of public policy concerns about Facebook's services, including issues related to algorithmic prioritization of content and censorship. Candidates must have a strong understanding of political dynamics, especially in the Asia-Pacific region.
The ideal candidate will be able to critically analyze the regulatory environment and the pressures on Facebook to address public policy concerns. You should be passionate about the services we provide and the people that we serve.
This is a full-time position located in Singapore.
- Work with Facebook's Public Policy team, as well as external stakeholders, to monitor and report on regulatory risk worldwide, covering both content and algorithm regulation.
- Build relationships with and understand the perspectives on regulation of partners on external and internal teams, such as Public Policy, Engineering, Product Management, Communications, Marketing, Partnerships, and Legal.
- Develop frameworks for proportionate regulation, communicate them internally, and advocate for them externally.
- Review global regulatory developments and provide practical engagement strategies across multiple jurisdictions, in close collaboration with country teams and other internal stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in Policy, Law, or related field of study
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in policy, law, or government, with an emphasis on platforms and technology
- Product review experience
- Experience with Internet/social media content issues
- Demonstrates analytical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Experience working cross-functionally and consensus-building
- Understanding of Facebook products and principles
Back to top