Public Policy Manager, Content
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for an analytical thinker with experience in product, business, or corporate policy to join our Policy Management team. The teamâ€™s mission is to create and communicate rules for how our products may be used by our advertisers, developers, and all other people on Facebook.
As a Public Policy Manager, you will work with a highly talented and experienced team of subject matter experts on content policies for Facebook and Instagram. You will be responsible for understanding both Facebook and Instagramâ€™s business priorities, helping the team craft and implement policies that best serve the company and the people who use our services.
Successful candidates will have experience in policy and/or legal issues and will be able to provide insights that will contribute to the shaping of content policies in international markets, including relations with governments and other policy stakeholders, and local regulation of Internet/social media companies. You should be passionate about the services we provide and the people that we serve.
This role is a full-time role located at our headquarters in Menlo Park, California.
- Help craft and implement content policies for our family of products
- Act as a global escalation point of contact and manage internal communications for policy issues in these markets
- Help articulate policy philosophy, launches, and changes to relevant parties, including management, operations, and other internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate on development and interpretation of policies and enforcement strategies to support Facebookâ€™s constituents worldwide
- Build relationships with cross-functional partners in Product, Engineering, Sales, Operations, Marketing, Corporate Communications, PR and Legal
- Work with operations groups to develop scalable solutions to support Facebookâ€™s continued growth and drive key automation and productivity initiatives to improve the processes of the Global Policy Management team
- Proactively identify gaps or conflicts in existing policies
- Bachelors degree in policy, law, or similar field
- 7+ years of experience in legislation, litigation, or policy development
- 2+ years of experience or knowledge in international Internet/social media content issues
- Experience with analytics and problem-solving
- Experience with communication, particularly in the area of consensus-building and persuasion
- Experience in project management
- JD, LLM or equivalent
- Experience living or working abroad
- Fluency in a second language
Back to top