Public Policy Manager, Content
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
As a Content Policy Manager, you will lead a team that drafts, applies, and communicates our Community Standards both internally and externally. You will work closely with a number of other teams at Facebook and Instagram, including our Community Operations, Product, Legal, Communications, and Public Policy teams. You help oversee the team that is responsible for crafting and implementing content standards that best serve the company and the people who use our services globally.
Facebook is looking for an analytical thinker and experienced leader in policy, law, business operations, or government who can help us build and scale our team. You will be an enthusiastic and thoughtful manager, adept at understanding complex policy and reputation challenges and passionate about the mission of Facebook. You will join our team based out of Singapore and collaborate with global teams on strategic initiatives. You should be comfortable with change and passionate about people management.
This is a full-time position located in our Singapore office.
- Build relationships with and understand the perspectives of partners on internal teams, such as Public Policy, Communications, Operations, Product, and Legal.
- Help craft and implement content policies that take into consideration the needs of a global community
- Collaborate with Public Policy, Product, and Communications teams to drive policy improvements
- Proactively identify gaps or conflicts in existing policies and develop scalable solutions
- Act as a global escalation point of contact and manage internal communications for policy issues
- Help articulate policy philosophy, launches, and changes to relevant parties, including management, operations, and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Draft executive communications during escalations.
- Manage and nurture a high-performing team
- Address sensitive content issues, including but not limited to graphic images, videos and writings, offensive or derogatory language, and other objectionable material.
- Bachelors degree in Public Policy, Law, International Affairs or related field
- 12+ years of experience in policy, policy enforcement, or public policy, specifically within the technology sector (graduate education may be counted as relevant experience)
- Experience with international Internet/social media content issues
- Demonstrates analytical-thinking and problem-solving
- Experience working cross-functionally and with consensus-building
- Experience managing teams
- Knowledgeable of Facebook products and principles
- A degree or advanced degree in a related field
- Experience working at a tech company
Back to top