Public Policy Manager, Connectivity & Access
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook’s Public Policy team is seeking a Public Policy Manager for its connectivity team to help us develop our positions on global tech and telecommunications policy issues. Candidates should have strong knowledge of Internet policy issues, including telecommunications, connectivity, and infrastructure. They should also have excellent writing and analytical skills and share our vision of making the world more open and connected.
- Work with the product teams to provide policy review and support for proposed product features and trials (e.g., Messenger, Free Basics, etc).
- Attend regular cross-functional meetings with product team, Legal, Comms, and Privacy to provide policy input. Provide regular updates and readouts from those XFN meetings.
- Act as liaison between product team and country/regional policy team. Update local policy teams and provide their feedback on proposed product features and trials to the central product teams.
- Provide regulator product updates to the broader policy and legal teams, highlighting key issues and flagging potential problems.
- Help to prepare briefing docs — including overviews, messaging and Q&A — for the broader policy team and company management in advance of new product rollouts or trials.
- Bachelor degree in Public Policy, Business, Economics or related field required
- 6+ years of public policy experience
- 3+ years of telecommunications experience
- Experience in telecommunications policy and technology industry
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top