Public Policy Manager, Connectivity & Access
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook's Public Policy team is seeking a Public Policy Manager for its connectivity team to help us develop our positions on global tech and telecom policy issues. Candidates should have experience in and strong knowledge of Internet policy and regulatory issues, including telecommunications, net neutrality, connectivity, and broadband access. They should also have drafting and analytical skills and share our vision of making the world more open and connected.
- Work closely with internal product teams to provide policy review and support for proposed products and connectivity projects.
- Attend regular meetings with cross-functional internal teams to provide policy assessments and support.
- Act as liaison between internal business teams and country/regional policy teams.
- Prepare briefing documents including policy positions, messaging, and Q&A in advance of new product rollouts or connectivity project launches.
- Monitor relevant telecom regulatory proceedings globally and draft submissions advocating for policy positions.
- Advocate for connectivity policy positions with external stakeholders.
- Advanced degree in related field of public policy or law
- 5+ years of policy and legal experience in the telecommunications and tech industry
- Government and/or international experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top