Public Policy Manager, Competition
(Brussels, Belgium – Dublin, Ireland – London, United Kingdom – Menlo Park, CA – Washington, DC)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook’s Public Policy team is seeking a Competition Policy Manager for its Global Policy Development team to direct the company’s competition policy strategy and formulate its position on competition policy issues. Candidates should have expertise in competition issues, experience working on competition policy, and strong knowledge of digital economy and Internet policy issues. They should also have excellent writing and analytical skills and share our vision of making the world more open and connected.
This role is full-time and will be based in London, United Kingdom; Dublin, Ireland; Brussels, Belgium; Washington, DC; or Menlo Park, California.
- Develop competition policy strategy and policy positions
- Identify, monitor, and analyze competition policy issues affecting Facebook at the international, federal, and state level
- Articulate our competition policy positions in briefing papers, consultation responses and internal policy meetings
- Advise Facebook business and product teams on competition policy matters to guide development of products and services
- Represent Facebook in meetings with key stakeholders
- Communicate Facebook’s positions in public presentations
- Bachelor degree in Public Policy, Law, Economics, or related field required
- 5+ years of public policy experience
- Experience in technology and related policy issues
- Experience communicating with internal and external stakeholders
- Graduate degree in Public Policy, Law, Economics, or related field
- 2+ years of competition policy experience
- Experience in technology industry
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top