Public Policy Manager, Cambodia (Based in Singapore)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a strategic thinker to join our Public Policy team as Public Policy Manager, Cambodia. You will work on issues related to the Internet and Facebook's mission of giving people the power to build community and bringing the world closer together. In this role, you will be responsible for understanding Facebook's policies and business priorities, being able to communicate those to policymakers, civil society and other stakeholders. Additionally, you will collaborate with colleagues across the business and the globe, engage with trade associations and third party groups. The successful applicant will become part of a team that is dealing with some of the most interesting public policy challenges of our times including privacy, safety, freedom of expression, the impact of the Internet on established business models, and new opportunities for public service delivery. This position will be based in Singapore.
- Provide strategic policy advice to key business and policy team partners
- Work with policymakers, non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and private sector organizations on issues of safety, security, content policy and other technology-relevant public policy concerns
- Represent Facebook in meetings with policymakers and stakeholders
- Evaluate the impact of legislative, regulatory, and industry proposals
- Assist in the development and management of Facebook's policies on particular issues or product areas
- Interface with internal partners and clients regarding Facebook products, policies, practices, and guidelines
- Collaborate with product, legal and other teams to evaluate new and existing products and features to ensure they reflect Facebook's policies, values and principles
- Respond to questions and consultations from external stakeholders on relevant policy issues
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience managing public policy and/or government relations and advocacy work
- Keen understanding of the Cambodian political system, environment and institutions
- Outstanding judgment and persuasive skills, creativity, and the ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Interest in emerging technologies and policy work
- Superb writing and oral communications skills
- Proficiency in Khmer and the English language in both conversation and writing
- Experience in policy work for a multinational corporation or government preferred
- Advanced degree in public policy, a related field or law degree preferred
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top