Public Policy Manager
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for an analytical thinker with expertise on global security and political violence to join our Policy Management team.
As a Public Policy Manager, you will work with a talented and experienced team of subject matter experts driving product policy globally for the Facebook family of applications. You will have particular responsibility for understanding violent and extremist movements and will use that knowledge to shape Facebook policy. This will include analyzing the organizations themselves, driving counter-extremism work, and engaging government and civil society on Facebook's behalf.
Successful candidates will demonstrate uncommon expertise on security challenges, be able to abstract that granular knowledge to shape policy applied globally, and have the initiative and problem-solving skills to work collaboratively across teams to both define and implement policy. The right candidate will be committed to countering radicalism, hate, and violence online and be passionate about the positive power of social media.
This is a full-time position located in our Washington, DC office, but will entail significant travel.
- Conceive and drive policy and product concepts to make Facebook inhospitable for violent groups
- Drive identification of terrorist groups globally and investigate how they manifest online
- Build systems to support operational teams as they implement policy globally
- Collaborate with engineering and operational teams to support public and internal-facing tools
- Craft and implement content policies for the Facebook family of products
- Represent Facebook to a wide range of audiences globally
- Contribute product and programmatic ideas to shape Facebook's efforts to promote constructive speech
- Bachelor's degree in public policy, law, political science or related field
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in legislation, litigation, or policy development and implementation, with an emphasis on technology
- Direct knowledge in the ways that militant groups utilize social media
- Experience analyzing both qualitative and quantitative data
- Project management experience
- A track record of public speaking
- JD, MA, LLM or PhD
- Multilingual candidates
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top