Public Policy Manager
(Buenos Aires, Argentina)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
The Public Policy Manager will be the contact with Governments in Argentina, Chile and Uruguay and will be responsible for articulating our mission to make the world more open and connected. Duties will include monitoring of the policy environment; working with political bodies and non-governmental organizations on issues of privacy/data protection, safety and security, intellectual property, content policy, Internet governance, and other Internet–relevant public policy concerns. This person will also be responsible for developing policy programs that will help enhance the policy community’s understanding of the Facebook platform better and work directly with policymakers on “digital diplomacy” and e-government initiatives. This position is based in Buenos Aires and requires significant travel.
- Develop and execute a strategic approach to achieve the goals of the company in public policy
- Monitor the policy and regulatory environment for issues that are relevant to the company, communicate issues and advise Facebook policy and cross functional teams on how to address them
- Work with political bodies, policymakers and non-governmental organizations on issues of privacy/data protection, safety and security, intellectual property, content policy, Internet Governance, and other Internet-relevant public policy concerns
- Develop and promote policy programs that will help enhance the policy community’s understanding of the Facebook platform and work directly with policymakers on “digital diplomacy” and e-government initiatives
- Actively promote the use of Facebook
- Build coalitions to help advance and support Facebook’s policy agenda
- Communicate Facebook’s positions in public presentations and with media
- Advise Facebook teams on development of products, services and policies.
- 7+ years of experience managing policy, legislation and/or government
- 5+ years of experience working with political systems and institutions as well as policy, politics, campaigns and government affairs
- Passion for emerging technologies, policy work, and Facebook
- Strong analytical and creative thinking on policy issues and programs
- Well developed advocacy skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Advanced degree in related field or law degree preferred.Fluent in English and Spanish
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top