Public Policy Director, State and Local Economic Development
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for an experienced Public Policy Director, State and Local Economic Development, to help develop and implement state policy related to economic development and local policy including data center, energy, fiber, workforce training, and policy programs in the United States.
The Director will manage cross-functional partnerships to build alignment around economic development policy internally and will work externally to foster relationships with Governors, State Legislatures, and Economic Development Authorities. Candidates should demonstrate experience in economic development, state public policy, legislative/government affairs, and/or advocacy and have a strong understanding of technology, energy, or economic development policy. Frequent travel is required.
This role is full-time and based in Washington, DC.
- Lead Facebookâ€™s State and Local Policy efforts with regard to economic development policy focusing on infrastructure, energy, and workforce issues
- Manage cross-functional partnerships to build alignment around economic development policy
- Work directly with Governors and Legislatures to promote a business environment conducive to major economic development investment
- Develop strong ties with state governors and economic development authorities
- Analyze, monitor, and amend state legislative proposals
- Work closely with industry groups, non-profits and legislative organizations to promote sound internet policies
- Represent Facebook at Industry conferences and before lawmakers
- Travel up to 30%
- Bachelors degree
- 10+ years of experience in public policy, advocacy, government affairs or related activity
- Experience working the legislative and executive branches of state government
- Advanced degree (J.D. or Public Policy)
- Economic Development or Public Policy experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top