Public Policy Director, Economic Policy
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a Public Policy Director, Economic Initiatives to join its Global Public Policy Team. The team's mission is to lead Facebook's engagement with policy makers around the world. This person will lead a team of economic policy experts at the company.
In this role, you will develop thinking on key public policy issues that impact the future of the Internet at one of the world's leading Internet companies.
The ideal candidate will be a recognized expert in issues related to the impact of the Internet on the economy. They will have expertise in policy debates in areas such as taxation, intellectual property and financial services. You should be passionate about the services we provide and the people that we serve.
This is a full-time position located at our headquarters in Washington DC. Suitably qualified candidates located in other countries will also be considered.
- Develop policy positions on global economy policy issues affecting the Internet
- Manage the economic policy team within the global public policy function
- Identify, monitor, and analyze economic policy issues affecting Facebook at the international and country level
- Articulate our policy positions in briefing papers, consultation responses and internal policy meetings
- Advise Facebook teams on public policy matters to guide development of products, services and policies
- Represent Facebook in meetings with management stakeholders
- Communicate Facebookâ€™s positions in public presentations and in the media
- Bachelor's degree in Public Policy, Business, Economics or related field
- Public policy experience including work in economic policy areas
- Knowledge in technology and policy issues
- Communications experience
- Track record of people management
- Experience working at a globalized tech company
- Experience working on economic issues in government
- Track record of communicating on tech policy issues
- Global experience of working with policy makers
Back to top