Public Policy Associate, Myanmar (Based in Singapore)
(Hong Kong - Singapore - Jakarta, Indonesia - Bangkok, Thailand)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a results-driven individual to join our Public Policy team as Public Policy Associate, Myanmar. You will work on issues related to the Internet and Facebook's mission of giving people the power to build community and bringing the world closer together. Reporting to the Public Policy Manager for Myanmar, you will support key public policy programs delivered in partnership with our global teams, act as an escalation point of contact for internal and external stakeholders, and support the Policy Manager in delivering on the Public Policy team's strategy for Myanmar. The successful candidate will join a team dealing with some of the most interesting public policy challenges of our times including privacy, safety and security, freedom of expression, and the impact of technology of socio-economic development. This position will be based in Singapore.
- Communicate Facebook's positions on key policy issues in public presentations to a wide range of audiences
- Represent Facebook in meetings with policymakers and stakeholders
- Build coalitions to help advance and support key policy issues
- Work with our policy programs team to create and implement programs to address key policy issues across the region
- Assist in monitoring technology, social media, digital economy, and socio-economic policy developments in Myanmar
- Advise internal colleagues and teams on public policy matters to help guide development of products, services and policies
- Manage internal communications for policy issues and serve as the primary point of contact for escalations
- 3 years experience working in government, government relations for a multinational corporation, or in advocacy for international organization with a degree in a related field
- Keen understanding of the Myanmar political system, environment and institutions
- Interest in emerging technologies and policy work
- Ability to drive and manage multiple projects and campaigns simultaneously
- Dynamic, flexible, hard-working, and highly organized
- Superb writing and oral communications skills
- Proficiency in Burmese and the English language in both conversation and writing
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top