Public Policy Associate Manager, MENA
(Dubai, United Arab Emirates)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an Associate Manager to be responsible for Public Policy Programs in the Middle East & North Africa. As part of the Public Policy team for the region, the Associate manager will combine a passion for technology’s potential to create opportunity and to make the Middle East & North Africa more open and connected, with deep knowledge of the political and regulatory dynamics across the region
The Associate manager will focus on building relationships, supporting third party projects and developing joint initiatives with internal and external stakeholders including government, NGOs, academia, industry associations, technology companies or other relevant organizations. The associate manager, will support the Head of Public Policy, Middle East & North Africa, and will become part of a team that is dealing with some of the most interesting public policy challenges of our times including privacy, safety and security, freedom of expression, the impact of the Internet on economic growth, and new opportunities for stakeholder and constituency engagement. This is an extraordinary opportunity to join our growing global public policy team and work on dynamic programs in an exciting, fast-paced environment. This is a full-time position, on contract basis, located in Dubai.
- Monitor key countries across the Middle East & North Africa region for policy issues at the intersection of technology, social media, emerging market entry/growth
- Work with Facebook’s Politics & Government team to promote the use of Facebook as a platform for citizen and voter engagement to policymakers and NGOs and other political influencers
- Work with Facebook’s Safety and Policy Programs teams and external policy and civil society partners to create and implement country and regional policy programs in online safety, privacy, small businesses, to address key policy issues across the region
- Manage the creation of communications, educational, and marketing materials to support policy programs
- Work with cross functional teams across the company to ensure that programs are advancing external understanding around key policy issues
- Build creative partnerships with advocacy groups, academia and industry bodies
- Represent Facebook in meetings with politicians and policymakers
- Communicate Facebook’s positions on key policy issues in public presentations to a wide range of audiences
- Support the Head of Public Policy for Middle East & North Africa on priority policy issues and programs
- A degree or advanced degree in a related field
- Demonstrated experience in public policy, legislation and/or government relations and advocacy
- Keen understanding of political systems and relevant policy and civil society institutions across the Middle East & North Africa
- Excellent judgment, excellent communication and persuasive skills, creativity, perspective, the ability to work with minimal supervision in a dynamic environment
- Experience in policy engagement or development for a multi-national corporation or institution
- Ability to travel frequently throughout the region
- Ability to drive and manage multiple projects and campaigns simultaneously
- Ability to think, plan, and execute resourcefully and creatively
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and do any task required to get the job done
- Passion for connecting the unconnected, and experience with relevant policy issues, including privacy, free expression, online safety, small and medium business, etc.
- Fluency in both written and conversational English and Arabic with superb written communications skills (writing samples required)
- Fluency in technology and a passion for Facebook’s mission
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top