Public Policy Associate
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a highly organized, motivated, and detail-oriented professional to join our Public Policy team based in our Sydney office. The Public Policy Team helps to inform users, the media, partners, employees and other stakeholders about Facebook's products and business. Working with policymakers at the federal, and state levels, the team handles legislative and regulatory matters, participates in domestic policy discussions and leads the company's interactions with consumer and other non‐governmental organizations. Alongside Facebook team members responsible for public policy and strategic communications, the person will work on a variety of projects and policy issues with relevance in Australia and around the world, ranging from legislative monitoring and policy analysis to support and training on how to use Facebook. This is full-time position.
- Develop and promote policy programs that will help enhance the policy community's understanding of Facebook and our platforms
- Provide support for policymakers and governmental officials in their use of Facebook
- Monitor the ANZ policy environment for issues that are relevant to the company
- Assist in organizing events including trainings and educational outreach about our platform
- Represent Facebook in regional meetings and coalition groups where appropriate
- Support Facebook's public policy and communications activities
- Support outreach to policymakers, non‐profit organizations, and other entities.
- 3+ years of professional experience
- Open to current students or recent graduates from business, law, political science, public policy, international relations, communications, journalism, or equivalent. Excellent academic credentials preferred
- Previous work in politics, political campaigns, law firms and/or government preferred
- Demonstrated interest in the intersection of politics, public policy, and technology
- Demonstrated experience managing legislation and/or government relations and advocacy work
- •Demonstrated advocacy experience and skills
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and manage time efficiently
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Ability to think, plan, and execute resourcefully and independently
- Experience in the Internet technology industry a plus
- Passion for Facebook and online communication a must!
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top