Public Policy Associate, Content
(Austin, TX - Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for an analytical thinker with experience in policy, law, business operations, or government to join our Content Policy team. The team's mission is to create and communicate rules for how our products may be used by people on Facebook and its family of applications.
As a Content Policy team member, you will work closely with a number of other teams at Facebook and Instagram, including our content standards enforcement, product, legal, communications, and public policy teams. You will play a key role in applying and communicating our Community Standards both internally and externally. You will be responsible for helping our team craft and implement content standards that best serve the company and the people who use our services globally.
Successful candidates will be able to critically analyze and communicate the costs and benefits of refinements to policies or their implementation. You should be passionate about the services we provide and the people that we serve. Overall, the ideal candidate doesn't mind occasional late night, early morning, and weekend work (sometimes all three in one day)!
This is a full-time position located at our headquarters in Menlo Park, California or in our Austin, Texas office.
- Build relationships with and understand the perspectives of partners on internal teams, such as Public Policy, Communications, Operations, Product, and Legal
- Help craft and implement content policies that take into consideration the needs of a global community
- Collaborate with policy, product and communications teams to drive policy improvements
- Act as a global escalation point of contact and manage internal communications for policy issues
- Help articulate policy philosophy, launches, and changes to relevant parties, including management, operations, and other internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in policy, policy enforcement, or public policy, with an emphasis on technology (graduate education may be counted as relevant experience)
- Experience with international Internet/social media content issues
- Demonstrates analytical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Experience communicating cross-functionally, particularly in the area of consensus-building and persuasive speaking
- Understanding of Facebook products and principles
- Fluency in both Spanish and Portuguese
- Experience having lived in or worked in Latin America
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top