Prototyping Electrical Engineer, University Grad, AR\/VR
The AR/VR organization's mission is to give people the tools to feel connected anytime, anywhere. We create new, category-defining consumer hardware and software products that provide immersive social experiences and increase the depth of how billions of people connect. The team is a diverse group of problem solvers, inventors, and proven visionaries who are relentless about transforming everyday occurrences into rich experiences that have the potential to improve the way billions of people live.
We've introduced our first generation of Oculus virtual reality products and are committed to driving the technology forward through continued innovation at Facebook Reality Labs. Our Portal line of consumer hardware is changing how friends and families connect. Our Spark AR platform is the largest augmented reality platform in the world, powering mobile AR experiences across Facebook, Instagram, and Messenger. In the future, our AR glasses will merge the physical and digital worlds, blending what's real with what's possible, resulting in the next mainstream, must-have, wearable consumer technology.
As a Prototyping Electrical Engineer at Facebook AR Graphics Team, you will design, build, and test prototype electrical systems for future consumer VR and AR experiences. You will become part of a team exploring new concepts through fast iterative prototyping. You will work cross-functionally with teams that will dynamically change depending on the problem and potentially include mechanical, optical, firmware, software, and research experts. We want people who work well in teams, and with mentorship can take a board definition and implement with electrical schematic and layout, and can transition these designs into a high-volume consumer product.
PROTOTYPING ELECTRICAL ENGINEER, UNIVERSITY GRAD, AR/VR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designing, simulating, prototyping, and testing of electrical systems in experiments which combine mechanics, optics and software
- Collaborating in a team environment across engineering disciplines
- Designing schematics, completing board layouts, assembling, testing, debugging, and integrating designs into electro-mechanical systems
- Specifying components
- Incubating new technologies into high volume production
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining a Bachelors or Masters degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related technical field
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Experience with schematic and board design using Cadence OrCAD, Altium or equivalent
- Experience with using oscilloscopes, high speed digital test equipment, logic analyzers, or function generators
- Experience working in a team-oriented environment with cross-group or cross-culture collaboration
- Experience with prototype projects that require Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering fundamentals
- Experience with mechanical CAD programs such as Solidworks, NX, Pro-E or equivalent
- Experience with AR/VR systems
- Experience with IMUs, sensors, cameras or related
- Experience prototyping with FPGAs
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- Applied Research Scientist, CV and Machine Perception (University Grad)
- Manager, Software Engineering - Assistant AR/VR
- Material Scientist
- Research Scientist, 3D Computer Vision & State Estimation (PhD)
- Technical Program Manager, Electrical Engineering
- Technical Program Manager, Shell
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Back to top