Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
As a prototype machinist at Oculus Research, you will produce models and prototypes of structures, mechanisms, and solutions for future consumer virtual reality experiences. You will become part of a team exploring new concepts through fast iterative prototyping. The teams will quickly adapt depending on the problem and potentially include electrical, mechanical, optical, firmware, software, research experts and model makers. We want people who work well in teams, can brainstorm big ideas, ability to work in new technology areas, able to drive a concept into a prototype and can envision how a prototype could transition into a high-volume consumer product. Starting with a solid knowledge of CNC and CAD/CAM, you must be willing to become a quick expert in a new areas of model making to build a wide variety of models, prototypes and test fixtures. You will have the opportunity to drive the direction of the model shop and be a valued integral member of the Oculus Research team.
- Build models and prototypes using various tools.
- Willing to develop and share knowledge about manufacturing processes.
- Recommend process improvements.
- Participate on a mechanical engineering team providing consul to your peers in your area of expertise.
- 10+ years working in a model shop prototype environment.
- 10+ years of CNC experience
- Proficient in Mastercam.
- Experience in 5 axis programming.
- Knowledge of 3D printing a plus.
- Knowledge of resin casting a plus.
- Design and build test fixtures as needed.
- Maintain shop equipment.
- Maintain a safe working environment.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top