Project Manager, Spam, Community Operations - MBA Intern
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Community Operations' focus is on supporting our users through both direct support interactions as well as scalable solutions, and on improving the health of our products by helping people understand how to use them. Those who join our teams are very passionate about solving peopleâ€™s issues, and are strong advocates for the Facebook community. We need influencers who can align cross-functional partners to ensure the best possible experience for our platforms. If you like helping people, Community Operations is for you.
Facebook is seeking a solutions-oriented, data-savvy self-starter with a passion for helping others, protecting our community and being the voice of our users. This individual will sit within the Global Spam Operations team, and work to improve the overall user experience by delivering qualitative and quantitative insight into user behavior. As a Project Manager Intern, you will identify areas for process improvement, help us intelligently scale our operations by optimizing and automating processes and solve challenging problems and help to prevent them.
This position is a 12 week internship based in our Sunnyvale, CA office.
- Develop a deep understanding of spam and how it affects Facebook, Instagram and our communities
- Gather, analyze and represent on scale user trends to improve the overall user support experience
- Use signals and insights to identify opportunities in driving down spam and other nefarious behavior
- Analyze metrics to improve efficiency of spam detection workflows
- Partner with Engineering, Security, and Analytics to identify, influence, and execute our abuse fighting strategies
- Communicate insights around the spam ecosystem to the cross-functional partners
- Develop and lead end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery of critical initiatives
- Use problem solving skills to resolve scalable spam problems
- Use data analysis and representation tools such as Excel and/or Tableau to drive efficient analytics and reporting
- MBA degree, obtain by August 2020
- 1+ years of work experience in an operations, project management, consulting, or equivalent environment
- 1+ years of work experience leading projects with cross-functional partners
- 1+ years of work experience in an analytics environment
- Experience identifying trends and insights from large data sets
- Experience communicating with a variety of audiences and stakeholders
- Problem-solving experience
- Experience developing and documenting procedures and workflows
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- BS/BA degree in a quantitative discipline such as math, statistics, computer science
- 2+ years of work experience with data analysis
- 1+ years of work experience in outsourcing and vendor management
- 1+ years of work experience with SQL
- Ability to rapidly assess, analyze and resolve complicated issues
- Ability to write (or learn to write) SQL queries
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top