Project Manager, Safety, Community Operations
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Community Operations Safety Team strives to create a safe atmosphere for the Facebook and Instagram communities by way of outstanding support, education, and care for the various people around the world who use our platforms. We pride ourselves in helping prevent online and real-world harm by building fast, scalable support systems to address safety-related incidents on our products, and by influencing others to collaborate on cross-functional initiatives.
We are seeking a resilient self-starter who is eager to learn, and who strives to help others. We count on specialists who are passionate about protecting users, and are excited to build systems to support millions of people. We value people who can strategically drive the team using macro-level insights, while still caring for micro-level cases affecting people around the globe.
- Develop an understanding of safety issues and how they affect Facebook, Instagram, and our communities.
- Help create scalable policies and processes to solve complex business problems and ensure the safety of the community.
- Apply your expertise to ensure care for users who are most in need.
- Partner with Policy, Engineering and Security to identify, influence, and improve the support provided to users in need.
- Use analysis and impact metrics to develop new strategies and processes that increase operational efficiency and deliver better user experience.
- Develop and lead end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery of critical initiatives.
- Manage day-to-day operations of vendor engagement, working with vendor to execute and deliver on expectations.
- Manage short, medium and long- term capacity planning for multi-skilled team, working with key business stakeholders to define headcount needs, staffing plans and manage resourcing to execute against operational targets and achieve business objectives.
- Use problem solving skills to resolve large and complex business problems.
- BS/BA degree
- 2+ years of work experience in role involving strategic/analytical initiatives (project management, operations, consulting experience, data analysis or technical systems).
- Ability to communicate to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to think under pressure, both individually and in a team environment.
- Strategic thinker with analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to assess, analyze and resolve issues, and distill that complexity into simple and concise communication.
- Ability to work with graphic or sensitive content on a regular basis.
- BS/BA degree in engineering or quantitative disciplines such as math, statistics, computer science, or information systems.
- Experience with SQL, excel, Python, or data analysis tools.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top