Project Manager, Safety
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Community Operations' focus is on improving the health of our products and helping people understand how to use them through both direct support interactions as well as scalable solutions. Those who join our teams are very passionate about solving peoples issues, and are strong advocates for the Facebook and Instagram communities. We need influencers who can align cross-functional partners to ensure the best possible experience for our platforms.
We are seeking an experienced self-starter with a passion for mitigating real world harm, protecting our community and being the voice of our users. We count on our Safety Specialists to deliver both qualitative and quantitative insight into user behavior in order to drive prevention and detection solutions at scale. By working cross functionally, we identify and pursue areas for process and product improvement, enabling us to better protect our community at scale. And by focusing on decision quality, we ensure that we are held accountable for our actions. This role will work closely with partners across Security, Engineering, Policy, and other Facebook teams to drive operational projects in a fast paced and data driven environment.
This is a full time position, based in the Dublin, Ireland office.
- Manage and improve day-to-day Safety operations against quality and efficiency targets in a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Analyze data to identify user trends and malicious behavior and suggest recommendations to improve operations
- Lead investigations and resolve issues that are escalated to the team regarding potentially abusive content or real-world threats
- Build strong senior cross-functional partnerships to create better solutions for our community and users
- Develop a deep understanding of Safety issues and how it affects our community
- Participate in on-call emergency escalation rotation * Bachelors degree and/or masters or equivalent experience
- Address sensitive content issues, including but not limited to graphic images, videos and writings, offensive or derogatory language, and other objectionable material.
- Bachelors degree and/or masters or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of work experience in role involving strategic / analytical initiatives (project management, consulting experience, data analysis or technical systems) and / or customer operations
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Experience managing and prioritizing projects end to end across various stakeholders and functions
- Demonstrated ability to use sound judgment and exhibit grace under pressure
- Self-starter who is intellectually curious and comfortable operating in ambiguity
- Excellent communication skills and an open, collaborative and proven team player
- Passion for helping users and ensuring a good user experience
- Fluency in other languages
- Intermediate knowledge of data tools such as SQL, SAS and or data visualization (e.g. Tableau) tools
- Knowledge of other programming languages, e.g. Python, R
- Avid Facebook user with a passion for our platform of products
Back to top