Project Manager, Portfolio Management, Community Operations
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Community Operations' focus is on supporting our users through both direct support interactions as well as scalable solutions, and on improving the health of our products by helping people understand how to use them. Those who join our teams are very passionate about solving people's issues, and are strong advocates for the Facebook community. We need influencers who can align cross-functional partners to ensure the best possible experience for our platforms. If you like helping people, Community Operations is for you.
Process teams drive the operational protocol to scale our enforcement of the community standards to our community of 2 billion people, owning the operational health and design of key workflows and metrics and identifying and driving improvements in those aligned to core metrics. The Portfolio Management team has the strategic mission to design, develop, lead and implement programs that span across multiple abuse areas and products and involve a wide array of process teams. On this team, you will have the opportunity to directly protect the safety of the Facebook community by building programs, protocol, strategies and operations to reduce the risk of abuse on our platforms.
- Drive impact through strong executive communication skills and leadership presence
- Synthesize complex information and context and draw connection points across multiple teams to provide recommendations on strategy and drive operations and execution
- Design, develop and lead programs that span across multiple abuse areas to foster standardization and canonicalization in the identification and adoption of scaled solutions, striving for maximum impact and efficiency
- Deeply understand Facebook's community support processes, products and policies, analyze current protocol and drive recommendations for process, policy and product improvements
- Track and analyze key operational metrics to deeply understand the support ecosystem and help determine where to focus optimization efforts
- Work with cross-functional partners to reduce the prevalence of abuse on our platforms, and drive community engagement and trust
- Partner with global teams to develop scalable solutions to support Facebook's global user base
- Bachelor's degree or 4+ years of experience in an Operations, Analytics, Product, Engineering, Consulting, Project Management or equivalent team
- 2+ years of experience working in an Operations, Analytics, Product, Engineering, Consulting, Project Management or equivalent team
- 2+ years of experience initiating and driving projects to completion with minimal guidance
- 2+ years of experience doing business process analysis
- Experience communicating results of technical analyses with non-technical partners and leadership teams to influence the strategy of those teams
- Experience working in a technology company or consulting firm
- 1+ years of experience working with Excel
- 1+ years experience using SQL queries or R to perform advanced analysis
Back to top