Project Manager, People Operations
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The People Operations team strives to create and deliver a seamless and positive employee experience across the entire employee lifecycle. Leading with care and empathy, we develop efficient and simple people processes, systems, policies, and programs. We deliver data that is useful and accurate to create People-related strategies across the business. We manage people knowledge and build project management capability across our company. Our work also ensures Facebook remains protected and compliant. We strive to ensure employees feel heard and given the resources and support they need during the most important moments during their careers.
We are looking for a Project Manager who can help lead a number of process and continuous improvement related projects. We need someone with expertise in this area who can thrive managing multiple projects and working with a global team to drive improvements. We are looking for someone who enjoys building and figuring out the best way to do things and to be able to communicate and work with the rest of the team to achieve this.
- Manage multiple concurrent projects and/or projects with multiple workstreams that require inputs from cross-functional stakeholders
- Lead and manage large-scale, org-wide projects through planning, development, launch, stabilization and close
- Manage and escalate project risks and issues as appropriate, and establish success metrics for projects and ensure performance is tracked and measured
- Investigate ways to improve existing processes and fix pain points through automation, streamlining, and shared services
- Measure the outcomes and outputs of projects and process improvement endeavors and leverage quantitative results to inform direction of the business
- Support the creation of quarterly business reviews that can accurately capture performance by using SLAs and KPIs
- Manage cadenced and periodic updates to process documentation such as point of contacts, process steps, workflows, and system access
- BA/BS degree
- 5+ years of consulting or project management experience
- Experience working cross-functionally and hold people accountable for deliverables without a formal reporting structure
- Time management experience
- Experience working on more than one project at a time
- Experience working across various levels of the organization
- Experience in data analysis via Excel and process mapping via Visio
- Experience presenting organizational and process flow content to audiences
- Six Sigma certification and/or relative project management/process improvement experience
- Knowledge of MS Excel data analysis/manipulation, including pivot tables, VLOOKUPs, and chart creation
- Experience in high-tech environment
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities
- Experience in HR project management, working on projects that impact the employee lifecycle
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top