Project Manager (Localization)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Languages are key to our mission of connecting the World. Facebook is currently available in more than 90 languages and we are adding many more. 82% of our users are already from outside of North America and we continue to expand internationally. As a Localization Project Manager, you will drive product teams to deliver a great user experience to our international audience.
- Engage and build relationship with cross-functional teams and stakeholders (Product, Engineering, Marketing, etc.) to ensure localization requirements are implemented and localization process is well understood
- Work with product teams across Facebook to ensure localizability best practices are followed to minimize downstream issues and decrease cost and time-to-market for the localized versions
- Design and implement efficient and scalable end-to-end localization frameworks for multiple products and diverse content types across Facebook
- Analyze localizability and localization workflow issues and provide optimal solutions
- Review, prioritize, and track progress of issues that affect localized product content relevancy, quality, and functionality
- Create and execute on the localization schedule.
- Working with vendors to ensure all assignments are understood, timelines are followed, and deliveries completed correctly and on time
- 5+ years of experience with localization engineering and/or management
- BA/BS in technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience with localization platforms, file formats and CAT tools – such as SDL Trados Studio, Idiom WorldServer, or any similar in-house localization tools and platform that manages and/or automates the translation workflow.
- Ability to communicate and lead cross-functional teams.
- Ability to stay focused under pressure, prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with the Facebook translation platform
- Engineering and/or hands-on programming experience
- Knowledge of additional languages other than English
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top