Project Manager, Lead – Process and Ops
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Recruiting is a core strategic driver of Facebook's success. We have a world-class team working together to help drive our ambitions and scale to the next level. We are looking for a Project Manager to work at the intersection of project management, operations strategy, and consulting. The person in this role will help identify and drive recruiting initiatives and process improvements across our recruiting function.
This person will be part of the Global Product and Software Engineering (GPS) recruiting organization, and work on the GPS Operations team. This role will manage projects integral to improving efficiency as a recruiting organization, including projects related to areas such as process improvement, operational excellence, resume review, referrals, internal mobility, and others. Some of these projects are known now, and it will also be the responsibility of the Project Manager to stay close to GPS functions to identify opportunities for new projects.
- Drive process improvements: Work with recruiting leadership and management, the Reporting and Analytics team, and other teams to optimize and execute our recruiting strategies and process improvements.
- Establish project plans and strategic planning templates to achieve the desired business outcomes, providing a centralized view across the recruiting teams.
- Lead and manage large-scale, organization-wide projects through planning, development, launch, stabilization and close.
- Manage multiple concurrent projects and/or projects with multiple workstreams that require inputs from cross-functional stakeholders.
- Manage and escalate project risks and issues as appropriate, and establish success metrics for projects and ensure performance is tracked and measured.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders inside and outside of GPS.
- Consult with stakeholders on their current operations, suggest improvements, and partner on change management.
- Assist with escalated issues on priorities, goals, strategies, resources and key initiatives as related to GPS-wide projects.
- Streamline internal communication strategies and channels.
- Coordinate with the Recruiting Programs and Operations Team members to develop and implement global internal communication strategies, messages, tools and cascade mechanisms.
- Advise recruiting leaders on approaches to effectively communicate priorities to our business leaders.
- 5+ years of project management experience with focus on Recruiting, HR or Operations.
- 2+ years of strategic planning or consulting experience.
- BA/BS degree.
- Experience using MS Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio or other process mapping software).
- Experience with business process management, workflow, and life cycle management.
- Experience in high tech environment.
- PMP and Six Sigma certification and/or relative project management/process improvement experience.
- Strategic, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience working cross-functionally and holding people accountable for deliverables without a formal reporting structure.
- Experience working independently with minimum supervision and leading multiple projects simultaneously involving various groups/locations/vendors.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deal with ambiguity.
Back to top