Project Manager, Facebook Journalism Project
(New York, NY)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Projects Manager to lead strategic Facebook Journalism Project initiatives affecting multiple teams across News Partnerships, product, marketing and publishing partners. The ideal candidate is someone who has managed and built strong cross-functional relationships and is a strong communicator. This is a role that will take ownership to drive projects while ensuring that all the stakeholders internally and externally are involved and aligned throughout the process. This is a full-time position with our News Partnerships team located at our New York City office.
- Lead and manage special Facebook Journalism Project initiatives by facilitating communication, coordination, documentation, planning and execution across cross-functional teams and external partners.
- Ensure project roles and responsibilities are clear, and ensure alignment across all contributors
- Effectively influence leaders and key external partners to gain alignment toward shared goals
- Collaborate with internal and external cross-functional partners to troubleshoot project planning issues.
- Manage project meetings, schedules, budgets, milestones and delivery
- Prepare project correspondence and presentations, as needed, for status reports, executive updates, meetings, annual planning, etc.
- Work with teams to measure the impact of projects and ensure scalable solutions within a growing company
- B.A. or B.S. degree with 4+ years of experience in project management
- Experience working with cross-functional teams that include internal and external stakeholders.
- Leadership and interpersonal skills with a proven track record of building relationships with cross-functional teams.
- Experience with project management and strategic planning
- Experience managing resources and measuring impact
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top