Project Manager, Data Center Strategic Engineering
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Project Manager to join our Data Center Strategic Engineering team. The ideal candidate shall be familiar with the design, construction and operation of Critical Facilities and experienced in leading and managing projects and development strategies for our growing global data center footprint.
The Facebook Data Center Strategic Engineering team leads the exploration of processes, means and methods that create a strategic benefit in efficiency, reduced material/energy use, and integrating these into the design and planning of Facebook's data center buildings and campuses. Our team endeavors to advance the state of Facebook data centers by guiding Infrastructure development through strategic and innovative solutions that will allow our teams and program to effectively scale and deliver additional facilities annually. This position is full-time and located in our Menlo Park office.
- Working with a broad team of partners including leadership, technical staff, analytics staff and key stakeholders to manage projects from inception to completion.
- Develop and implement project budgets, schedules, deliverables, risk mitigations, and communications
- Report status on multiple project schedules and timelines succinctly
- Identify key project metrics and measures that will be used to evaluate project viability and enable quality decisions to be made fast
- Readily adapt cross-functionally to consistently encourage candidness and collaboration in complex meetings
- Integrate project lessons learned to support continuous improvement and rapid growth objectives
- Understand and develop key deliverables and tasks for multiple different types of projects simultaneously and organize cross-functional stakeholders to keep on schedule and on budget.
- Experience managing projects with cross-functional stakeholder groups
- Minimum of eight (8) years professional experience in project management of construction, R&D, product development, or strategic projects
- Cross-discipline awareness of critical facility systems
- Project management experience with proven experience defining schedules, managing budgets, coaxing deliverables, and communicating progress
- Organizational, communications skills with proven ability to distill and communicate technical details to all organizational levels
- Experienced with construction process and cost estimating process
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top