Project Manager, Data Center Connectivity
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Project Manager to join the Data Center Connectivity (DCC) team. Our data centers are the foundation upon which our innovative services are delivered and our rapidly scaling infrastructure operates. The DCC team lights up Facebookâ€™s global data centers, delivering the physical infrastructure that connects the world to the videos, feeds, and other information stored on Facebookâ€™s server banks.
The DCC Project Manager will provide site level project management functions to ensure DCC projects are being executed on schedule and within budget. The Project Manager will be the key point of contact for managing the full project life-cycle from before a site is announced, to project kick-off and all the way through production turnover and into operations. The person in this role will work closely with the DCC team to make sure that the scope and direction of each project is on schedule, as well as other cross-functional departments for support. The DCC Project Manager is highly collaborative with cross-functional partners at the Data Center Headquarters, our on-site contractor and other data centers globally. This position is full-time and located at our data center site in Eagle Mountain, Utah.
- Project Planning & Control - Create, maintain and report on site project and program scope, schedules and milestones. Work closely with the DCC Program Management team throughout the project lifecycle from the creation of project and program plans through project close out.
- Learnings - Continually review ongoing projects for efficiencies in schedule, budget, and opportunities to enable cross-functional partners to be successful. Document data points to assist with field coordination of projects. Support development of project management best practices and initiatives, coordinating SOPs/SIPs with vendors, and participating in global and regional standards. Coordinate lessons learned with the DCC Program management team.
- Forecasting - Support leadership with forecasting and budget efforts as required. Share current project status with upstream and downstream partners, ensuring crisp and complete handoffs between teams.
- Technical Reviews - Establish milestones for equipment purchase and track and report against these milestones. Assist with the selection and review of a contractor to support the structured cabling work within a data center.
- Materials - Assure delivery and maintenance of all structured cabling and connectivity, on time, within budget, and to global Facebook standards of quality, reliability, and uptime.
- Metrics - Report progress and risks on site projects and other initiatives to key stakeholders.
- Workflow - Work with team members to establish and track milestones. Conduct pre-project planning, project handoffs, and ensure design delivery and verification. Identify and respond to project risks and high-priority issues rapidly and effectively through effective action and appropriate escalation. Track and manage project change order requests.
- 10+ years experience in project management.
- Experience engaging and guiding stakeholders.
- Experience providing solutions to project related problems.
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and MS Project.
- Data center development and/or construction management experience.
- PMP or similar project management related certification.
- Experience with Primavera 6.
- Experience managing IT or IP Network deployment projects in a mission critical environment requiring coordination across multiple disciplines for the delivery of a common goal.
Back to top