Project Engineer, Operations (Oculus)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Oculus Research, the research division of Oculus (Facebook), is currently recruiting a highly motivated Project Engineer (Operations) to develop and lead continuous improvement projects. The role involves coordinating with our internal project leaders, as well as external contractors, suppliers, and vendors. It is particularly suited to a person with a strong technical project management background and a passion to get the job done on time and to target. The Project Engineer will join a vibrant, multidisciplinary and fast-moving research environment.
- Project development, planning and management with a focus on ownership and continuous improvements of organizational effectiveness and efficiency, as well as cycle time and quality.
- Initiate and manage project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Provide day-to-day coordination for projects and tasks.
- Communicate project status to stakeholders and various key teams around the organization.
- This involves communicating upwards and downward within the organisational chain.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a technical discipline, preferably industrial, or systems engineering.
- 5+ years of tech industry experience and 2+ years of project management experience.
- Experience with laboratory facilities, fitouts and modifications, equipment, and information systems.
- Extremely effective communication skills and experience working with highly technical teams.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to accomplish objectives in a complex technical environment, very strong project planning and management skills.
- Ability to motivate and focus a large collaboration to reach challenging goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within diverse, cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, exposure to scaling-up operations.
- Strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and a focus on continuous improvement.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top