Program Manager, Translation Crowdsourcing Platform
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Languages are key to our mission of giving people the power to build community and bringing the world closer together. Facebook is currently available in more than a hundred languages and we are adding many more. 88% of our users are already from outside of North America and we continue to expand internationally. As a Program Manager on Facebook's Translation Crowdsourcing Platform, you will help drive this mission forward by making more languages available than on any other platform! You will work with engineering, design and growth marketing teams to research and prioritize requirements, plan and design features and build the next generation of our translation crowdsourcing platform. You will also work cross-functionally to prioritize languages and inform the strategy for supporting Facebook's language roadmap. The ideal candidate is passionate about crowdsourcing, emerging market languages, and has experience with translation technologies as well as software engineering.
- Research user and technical requirements for the translation crowdsourcing platform
- Find efficient workflows that will deliver a great user experience for community translators leveraging existing technologies and bringing new ones online
- Create programs to build new language communities and support existing ones
- Create technical specifications and partner with the engineering team
- Oversee and support the development and rollout of new features
- Inform and execute on the language roadmap making Facebook available in new languages
- Communication experience
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years in product research, product management or user experience with a proven track record of delivering products
- Experience designing user interfaces - experience creating examples through wire frames and mock ups
- Experience in analyzing data sets, and interpret them to make business decisions
- Understanding of the technical architecture of complex and highly scalable web applications
- Hands-on experience with crowdsourcing or other community/crowdsourcing localization programs
- Experience with emerging market languages
- Knowledge with the Facebook translation platform as well as other computer-aided translation tools
- Knowledge of additional languages (other than English)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top