Program Manager, Strategic Initiatives
- Sunnyvale, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Global Operations' focus is on improving the health of our products and helping people understand how to use them through both direct support interactions as well as scalable solutions. Those who join our teams are very passionate about solving people's issues and are strong advocates for the Facebook community. We need influencers who can align cross-functional partners to ensure the best possible experience for our platforms. Scaled Operations (within Global Operations) manages the human expertise required for the integrity and experience of our community and business. If you like helping people, Global Operations is for you.
Facebook is looking for experienced and entrepreneurial Program Managers to join our team to help build out best-in-class program management capabilities for Strategic Initiatives aligned with and driven out of the Scaled Operations organization.
- Program manage critical strategic initiatives identified by the Scaled Operations (SO) leadership team.
- Frame and scope the problem statement, build requirements, enable resourcing, work with cross-functional stakeholders (including leadership), identify dependencies, reduce risks and drive the initiative progress on a weekly basis.
- Drive communications strategy for the initiatives, qualitative and quantitative analysis of the program performance, and track/ensure program and industry impact.
- Explore new strategic opportunities in the course of program management to inform the future roadmap for leadership consideration.
- Role requires at least 10-20% international travel.
- Experience in consulting, strategy, or equivalent program management environment
- Experience in leveraging knowledge and skills across multiple ongoing programs and stakeholders to drive change, motivate teams, and support to deliver initiatives
- Experience in successfully managing ambitious, strategic, and operationally complex projects with internal and external cross-functional teams
- Experience in formulating hypotheses, designing tests, and using problem-solving techniques to evaluate solutions
- Experience facilitating brainstorming sessions to gather requirements
- Experience in content creation and presentation skills and experience building and delivering executive leadership content
- Experience in quickly understanding the background, framing the problem, and going in 'enablement' mode to drive to a solution
- Communications skills
- Comprehension of the broader Operations ecosystem and ability to apply this awareness to a broader context to connect the dots
- MBA or Master's degree in management, psychology, behavioral sciences, technical, or engineering field
- Experience in operational excellence and process improvement methodologies like Six Sigma or Lean
- Experience partnering with Policy/Operations/Program management leadership
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Back to top