Program Manager, Recruiting
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Recruiting is a core strategic driver of Facebook's success. We have a world-class team working together to help drive our ambitions and scale to the next level. We are looking for a Program Manager to work at the intersection of project management, communications and knowledge management to help drive recruiting initiatives and process improvements across our recruiting function. He/she will work with the Global Product Recruiting team to design and manage all projects integral to our Product Recruiting function. This includes development of refreshed recruiting strategies, mapping of processes and improved communications to help identify opportunities for efficiency, and enhancement of knowledge management across the team. This is a new role within the Product Recruiting team. This role reports to the Recruiting Director for Global Product Functions.
- Project and Process Management:
- Drive process improvements: Work with the Global Product Recruiting leadership, Reporting and Analytics team and the People Operations Team (POP) to optimize and execute our recruiting strategies and process improvements.
- Establish project plans and strategic planning templates to achieve the desired business outcomes, providing a centralized view across the recruiting team.
- Assist with escalated issues on priorities, goals, strategies, resources and key initiatives as relate to Product-wide projects.
- Coordinate Recruiting tools development and management by representing our team's needs with People Operations and engineering teams for internal tools.
- Work with Data Analytics, Finance and Recruiting Director to track hiring goals, progress and resource allocation for the Product Recruiting team.
- Liaise with the Diversity team and Recruiting leadership to refine and implement our overall diversity recruiting strategy and for each business function.
- Communications Management:
- Streamline internal communication strategies and channels for Product Recruiting.
- Coordinate with the Recruiting Programs and Operations Team members to develop and implement global internal communication strategies, messages, tools and cascade mechanisms.
- Prepare presentations for delivery to specific audiences e.g., monthly updates, senior leadership monthly recruiting updates and business updates.
- Advise Product Recruiting leaders on approaches to effectively communicate priorities to the Business leaders.
- Knowledge Management:
- Develop and execute recruiting knowledge sharing processes and procedures, including content management through our internal channels (e.g. Recruiting WIKI content, team tribes, meetings, etc).
- Act as a resource and subject matter expert for knowledge sharing best practices, leveraging other internal and external resources
- Develop, manage, and implement an educational program to improve interviewer capabilities tailored to each business area.
- 5+ years of project management experience with focus on Recruiting, HR or Operations
- 2+ years of strategic planning or consulting experience
- BA / BS degree
- Experience using MS Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio or other process mapping software)
- Experience with business process management, workflow, and life cycle management
- Cross-functional communication and interpersonal skills
- :Masters Degree
- Experience in high tech environment
- PMP and Six Sigma certification and/or relative project management/process improvement experience
- Strategic, analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience working cross-functionally and holding people accountable for deliverables without a formal reporting structure
- Experience working independently with minimum supervision and leading multiple projects simultaneously involving various groups / locations / vendors.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deal with ambiguity.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top